What are the new general features for SAP Ariba apps:
- New look for SAP Ariba solutions – The header banner, buttons style, icons and navigation elements in SAP Ariba solutions have a new look that is based on SAP Fiori 3.0 standards. Now the SAP Blue Theme will be the default theme.
- Intelligent Configuration Manager – Many configuration changes that were done through service requests can customer administrators easily manage site configuration options of various SAP Ariba solutions in one centralized location now. Administrators have more flexibility in testing configuration changes and rolling them out to their production site.
What´s new in SAP Ariba Strategic Sourcing and Supplier Management solutions:
- SAP S/4HANA Cloud RFQ integration with SAP Ariba Sourcing – You can integrate your SAP Ariba Sourcing system with SAP S/4HANA Cloud and send automated sourcing requests. The process flow begins when a sourcing request is created in SAP S/4HANA Cloud and sent to SAP Ariba Sourcing. SAP Ariba Sourcing then downloads the sourcing request and creates a sourcing project from the sourcing request. The owner of the sourcing event sends it to suppliers for bidding and awards the event. The award information is sent back to the SAP S/4HANA Cloud.
- Configurable bid comparison report in SAP Ariba Sourcing and SAP Ariba Strategic Sourcing Suite – Buyers can configure the report for their deciding purpose. Buyers can configure the report to include only the information that is useful to them when they are deciding which suppliers should receive an award
- Ability to restart denied supplier registrations – Now the supplier registration managers can restart denied supplier registrations. This feature adds two options: Starting a new approval round or Reinviting the supplier.
- Supplier search relevancy based on supplier name and country code in SAP Ariba Strategic Sourcing – This feature changes the order in which supplier search results are shown. Now when you use supplier search the system prioritizes showing full or partial matches for supplier names first, followed by country code matches, and then all other matching criteria.
- SAP Ariba Contracts and SAP Fieldglass integration – Information about contracts and contract terms are sent through Web Services from SAP Ariba Contracts to SAP Fieldglass.
- Ability to import plant-specific custom fields in SAP Ariba Strategic Sourcing – Using this feature buyer can use the plant-specific custom fields in sourcing request when wants to source identical goods for different plants.
- Ability to go back to the previous page from an SAP Ariba analytical report – Pages related to creating and running analytical reports now include a back button, which returns you to the page you were on immediately before the current page.
What´s new in SAP Ariba Procurement solutions:
- Validate and enrich requisition data in an external system in SAP Ariba Buying and Invoicing – If you have configured custom validation for data in your external system for purchase requisition, you can use it in SAP Ariba Procurement solutions in real-time. The functionality provided by this feature is now available in requisitions created in the SAP Ariba Procurement mobile app.
- Inventory reservation for SAP ERP integrated sites – The feature allows users to reserve inventory items in the warehouse and the user can check the inventory quantity of the stock available at the plant level and storage-location levels before placing an order. The feature is available only when the SAP Ariba is integrated with SAP ERP and the user can create PR which contains items from inventory and items from another catalog. Items from the catalog to be procured externally and inventory items procured internally. Also is create a new group of approvers: Storeroom Manager, which allows members to modify the default reservation of items.
- Ability to change requests after ordering in SAP Ariba Guided Buying – Users can now change requests after purchase orders have been sent to suppliers and have reached Ordered status without leaving Guided Buying. Changing a request creates a new version of the original request. When an Order reaches Ordered status, a new Change request button displays, which allows users to do changes of PR.
- Dynamic filtering of custom form fields based on predefined relationships between fields in SAP Ariba Buying and Invoicing – If there is a relationship between two fields, it can be used to configure the filtering of values in one of the fields based on the user input in the other field. Dynamic filtering it is possible to set up between two standard master data fields, or two custom master data fields.
- Guided Buying – Users now see an improved user interface for choosing a company code and purchasing organization when they create requests for other users. Besides, guided buying now filters the available suppliers and catalog items by the selected purchasing organization.
- Simple non-PO invoice creation in SAP Ariba Guided Buying – User can now create simple non-PO invoices in SAP Ariba Guided Buying. Users don't need to go to SAP Ariba Buying and Invoicing. This feature is available for these invoices to request payment for one-off purchases, such as one-time services, items purchase outside of Guided Buying, conference fees, professional dues, and charitable donations.
Where to find more information?
SAP Ariba Q1 2020 new features
Read more about the solutions in Supplier Management line of business and their respective success stories.
SAP Ariba Network