During the weekend of 2nd May 2020 SAP upgraded all the test tenants to the 2005 release. The production environment followed the weekend of 16th May 2020. As usual, SAP introduced a lot of functionalities in the new release. Most of them will improve existing features, but the long list also includes brand-new functionalities. Firstly, we would like to highlight the features pertaining to the Business Partner and other general information.
- Business Partner:
- Integration from ERP of the Plant data is now available. In the organization structure, it is now modeled as a function.
- The Plant information is then available as part of Account in Sales Data.
- Change of Name formatting of Business Partner persons is enhanced and can be individually selected while creating or editing the person.
- Selected Cross Topics:
- Restriction of Attachments access has been enabled, limiting the user access in the library of attachments based on specified restriction rules.
- Possibility to share personal Views and Selections, they stay in queue until reviewed by the receiver, once accepted, they are available to the user.
- Dashboard filters are now personalized and can be saved for re-use. They also can be broadcasted via a link through a link to other parties as was previously possible with reports.
- Several mobile & offline app enhancements, mainly the auto-creation of system phone calls made from the app and notes usability.
- As announced already previously the support of Microsoft IE will end with the 2011 Release of C4C in November.
- Users have the option to report incidents directly to SAP including severity classification.
- Change of approval icons visualization for Quotes can be switched to wording instead.
- The above-mentioned Plant is also added to Product master records and can be used in Sales Quotes/Orders for availability checks.
- The ability for key users easily to copy page layout added (without assignments).
- The creation of new extension fields with the type of object allows the creation of un-linked entry, but with standard full-capable search help capabilities.
- Various enhancements of the Visual studio, including the adaptation of the new quick view, offline scripting and adaptation, performance trace, and JSON parser reuse.
- Display only replication of product configuration from ERP now available in sales Quote.
- Enhancements in CPQ integration allow the copy of Opportunity from CPQ quote or creation of CPQ quote from a prospect.
What’s new in Sales
Possibly the biggest change in this release is the introduction of Intelligent Sales Execution. By activating through the SAP support, it introduces a new whole module for sales management.
Take a look at the other innovation in the Sales module:
- Pipeline Manager allows risk identification with a bubble chart driven by opportunity health utilized by SAP Machine learning. Data can be filtered and edited directly.
- Instead of offline Excel simulations, the Forecast tracker enables real-time intuitive and fast workflow process. Analyze multiple forecast types, deal by deal analysis, or direct report submissions.
- The most promising is the Pipeline Flow, which shows the changes to the pipeline over a different period. It helps to inspect and analyze different outcome scenarios, such as slipped, lost, or new opportunities. It also helps to identify specific trends.
- For leads, the feature to add specific party roles has been introduced, similar to the same feature already available for opportunities.
- It is finally possible to create new Leads from conducted Visits.
- In Opportunity, a new tab All Involved Parties is introduced, which combines Sales Team, Competitor, and Involved parties in one tab plus allows adding an opportunity only specific address to each of them, which is not available anywhere else.
- The Activity Planner was enhanced to include beside the current Survey and Task the other activities, namely the Phone Calls and Appointments. It strengthens the flexibility of the planner, by introducing the possibility to restrict these activities to be mandatory for the specific phase.
- Workflows can now use the fields for Revenue Start and End dates.
- In the Sales Quote, it is allowed to disable the standard notifications and replace them with custom ones.
What’s new in Service
- In Service, the email editor and unassociated E-mails automatically load the included images to mirror the email experience.
- Status of Outbound email from tickets is now monitored and can be analyzed for each email instead of waiting for Customer feedback for not receiving an email.
- Full-text search through all ticket email iterations added and the system prevention of changes in branding of emails.
- Timeline extension control fields allow the custom sorting based on the business need. The new actions allow a more versatile work due to the split, copy, and move commands.
- The new functionality of SMS ticketing for B2B scenarios.
- The system now supports the upload of any 3rd party HTML templates with the inclusion of placeholders similar to the text-based template. The template usage is now also available as a report.
- In Service management, the new feature is to add inline images directly in the ticket description field and the display of the same on the PDF summary for customers.
- Selection of Ship-to party added based on the main Sold-to Account.
- Direct creation of a maintenance plan from a contract is now available. You can select which exact redistricted products this plan will be valid for.
- Enhancements in FSM integration, especially for planning in FSM by replicating:
- employee organization assignment as region assignment,
- technician, or service team as a region and functional location.
- Service categories from tickets are now mapped to Problem type in FSM along with the start and end dates which are updated once the activity is completed.
Where to find more information?
Read more about the solutions in Customer Management line of business and their respective success stories.